- ticket title
- www.ceogujarat.nic.in CEO Gujarat Voter List 2017 revised website download Search Name Registration Online
- Top 10 Richest Countries in the World by GDP PPP Per Capita Income
- BJP Complete Full Candidate list MCD Elections 2017 ward wise
- Nagaland SSC 10th Board Exam 2017 Results Dates Download Answers
- Assam SSC 10th Board Exam 2017 Results Dates Download Answers
UPSC Civil Services Exam Result: Centre tells the Commission to go ahead,
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has asked the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to go ahead with their own decision on the results for Civil Services (Main) exam based on the Supreme Court order on Jat reservation.
The Commission had delayed the results for the exams held last year, after the Supreme Court (SC) struck down reservations for Jat candidates. It had asked for an opinion from the DoPT, that has now told UPSC to go with the SC order and decide for itself on what needs to be done.
In March 2015 2016, the Supreme Court had set aside the Centre’s notification to extend the benefit of reservations to the candidates belonging to Jat community. The National Backward Classes Commission had refused to give reservation to the Jats in the OBC category in its earlier recommendations.
Over 20,000 candidates appeared for the exam this year and have been waiting for the result ever since. Generally, the results are declared in the second week of March. The exam is bifurcated into two parts: Preliminary exam and Main exam.
This exam is conducted by UPSC for providing jobs to graduates in the Civil Services. The candidates belonging to the general category can apply upto a maximum of six times.
Sources reveal that the results might be announces by the end of this month, though no official declaration has been made, so far.