- ticket title
- www.ceogujarat.nic.in CEO Gujarat Voter List 2017 revised website download Search Name Registration Online
- Top 10 Richest Countries in the World by GDP PPP Per Capita Income
- BJP Complete Full Candidate list MCD Elections 2017 ward wise
- Nagaland SSC 10th Board Exam 2017 Results Dates Download Answers
- Assam SSC 10th Board Exam 2017 Results Dates Download Answers
University of Leicester graduate admission details, UK, University of Leicester Admission Dates Schedule 2015 2016, fees structure, Global admission procedure, International Admission details, University of Leicester graduation School Counselling Notification Admission Procedure 2015 2016,ATAS, Deadlines & Fees, rankings, Tuition and fees, visa details
#16 : University of Leicester
2015 2016 League Table Ranking 16
2015 2016 Overall Score 812
- Founded in 1921 and gained its Royal Charter in 1957, Leicester is one of Britain’s older universities.
- The university site was given to create a living memorial for those who gave their lives during World War One.
Location and transport
- Leicester is in the heart of England, close to the M1 and M69 motorways. The railway station is close to the campus.
- Typical offers range from AAA (Medicine, Law) to BBB with most departments requiring around AAB/ABB.
- Get more information about entry requirements at Leicester online.
- Full-time undergraduate students (2011–12), male 49%, female 51%.
- Full-time undergraduate students (2011–12), UK/EU 83%, international 17%.
- Full-time undergraduate students (2011–12), under 21 86%, over 21 14%.
- School type 89% state, 11% independent.
- Just over seven applicants to each place. Approximately 17,000 applicants applied for 2,350 places in 2010.
- Leicester is an inclusive university; it meets its widening participation benchmarks for recruitment from state schools and lower socio-economic groups.
- The quality of teaching is very high and since the launch of the National Student Survey in 2005, Leicester has consistently featured amongst the top-10 universities in England for student satisfaction.
- Leicester has one of the strongest student completion rates – 91% of our students leave the sector with an award according to government performance indicators.
- The research conducted by the University has the strongest impact of any Midlands university measured by citations per academic. Citation levels place Leicester amongst the top 1% of universities in the world and are the 7th highest in the UK.
- Leicester’s Quality Related research funding (QR) is the 19th highest of Britain’s 120 universities.
- Leicester has one of the highest proportions of staff who are research active in the UK, with approximately 93% of staff submitted for the national 2008 Research Assessment Exercise. Of these, Leicester has 87% of research activity deemed by the RAE to be producing internationally significant research.
- Leicester is home to the department with greatest concentration of world class research of any department of any discipline in the UK – in our Department of Museum Studies.
- DNA genetic fingerprinting was discovered here and over 90% of academic staff are research active.
- Strengths stretch across the four colleges: Arts, Humanities & Law; Science & Engineering; Social Science & Medicine; Biological Science & Psychology.
- World-class reputation for work in Cardiovascular Medicine, Physics and Space Science, Economics, Engineering, Law, English, Historical Studies, Archaeology, Mathematics, Genetics, and across the biological sciences.
Student facilities, including library and computing
- In 2011 we opened a new £15-m Students’ Union building. The Union also houses a 1,500 capacity O2Academy – making Leicester the only university campus in Britain with its own O2.
- The state-of-the-art £36-million David Wilson Library opened in 2008 at the heart of campus.
- The library provides over one million printed volumes and extensive online resources, along with group study rooms, self-service check-out and returns, wireless connectivity and seminar rooms.
- Halls of Residence have free broadband internet access in study bedrooms.
- The AccessAbility Centre offers a wide range of support services to disabled students.
- Each academic department has an AccessAbility Tutor who is a point of contact for students with specific learning difficulties or disabilities.
- For information, telelphone/minicom 0116 252 5002, email email@example.com or visit the website.
- The new Percy Gee Students’ Union building was extensively refurbished and opened in 2011.
- The Students’ Union is a stunning social space and boasts fantastic facilities, including cafés, restaurants, a bank, new shops, welfare provision and a student resource centre.
- The Union is also home to O2 Academy Leicester – three superb live music venues, guaranteeing top acts all year round and a host of great club nights and entertainment.
- Leicester has more than 100 clubs and societies that run alongside associations including RAG (Raising and Giving) and Contact (student volunteering). Societies cover a huge range – politics, performing arts, religious groups, media, the specialist and zany.
- A new £5-m Health and Fitness club opened in September 2012 at Oadby (next to Halls of Residence).
- This comprises a new gym, 25m swimming pool, aerobics room, steam rooms and spa pool will feature.
- Outside there are new tennis courts, a floodlit all-weather pitch, a floodlit FieldTurf five-a-side pitch and the superb University pitches at Stoughton Road.
- Another sports centre including gym and swimming pool on our main campus gives extra flexibility.
- The Sports Association has around 30 affiliated clubs covering all major sports and a host of others.
- Students can represent Team Leicester in BUCS and regional competition.
- Intramural Sport runs throughout the year, covering major sports.
- Leicester Varsity (versus DeMontfort University) is a sporting highlight. The rugby and football matches are held in the city’s stadia, Welford Road and the King Power Stadium, in front of thousands of supporters.
Recent/prospective new builds
- The opening of the David Wilson Library and new Students’ Union is evidence of Leicester’s commitment to providing a fantastic all round student experience.
- A £1 billion campus development is continuing to upgrade the campus and provide excellent facilities for students.
Availability of part-time work
- Plentiful. The University itself employs many students in a range of roles.
Official Website: www.le.ac.uk