- ticket title
- www.ceogujarat.nic.in CEO Gujarat Voter List 2017 revised website download Search Name Registration Online
- Top 10 Richest Countries in the World by GDP PPP Per Capita Income
- BJP Complete Full Candidate list MCD Elections 2017 ward wise
- Nagaland SSC 10th Board Exam 2017 Results Dates Download Answers
- Assam SSC 10th Board Exam 2017 Results Dates Download Answers
Loughborough University graduate admission details, UK, Loughborough University Admission Dates Schedule 2015 2016, fees structure ,Global admission procedure, International Admission details, Loughborough University graduation School Counselling Notification Admission Procedure 2015 2016,ATAS, Deadlines & Fees, rankings, Tuition and fees, visa details
#14 : Loughborough University
2015 2016 League Table Ranking 14
2015 2016 Overall Score 818
- Founded in 1909 as a small technical institute. Became Loughborough College and then Loughborough College of Technology.
- In 1966 became Loughborough University of Technology, the UK’s first technological university. Renamed Loughborough University in 1996.
- Land acquisitions in 2003, 2006 and 2010 have made Loughborough one of the country’s largest single-site campuses, with over 438 acres of land.
Location and transport
- Located on the edge of the market town of Loughborough. The cities of Nottingham, Leicester and Derby are easily accessible. London is 90 minutes away.
- A safe, single-site campus provides plenty of open space, gardens and sports areas interspersed with academic buildings and student accommodation.
- Loughborough railway station is 3 km (2 miles) away, the M1 1.6km (1 mile), and East Midlands Airport 14.5 km (9 miles). A shuttle bus operates between campus and the town/railway station.
- BBC to A*AA A level grades or equivalent, depending on the course.
- Get more information about entry requirements at Loughborough University online.
- UK/EU students 92%.
- Overseas students 8%.
- Male/female ratio 62:38.
- Applications to places ratio 6.9:1 (full-time undergraduate 2010 entry).
- From state-sector schools 81.5%.
- In the Complete University Guide 2012 our departments were rated top ten in 11 subject groups.
- Almost 75% of Loughborough’s subject areas were ranked in the top ten for overall satisfaction.
- Awarded six Queen’s Anniversary Prizes.
- Extensive links with industry. More than 80% of undergraduate courses offer a year-long placement.
- Loughborough is also one of the top 15 universities targeted by large, graduate employers.
- In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) every department was found to be undertaking research that is internationally recognised, with 18% of the University’s research considered to be ‘world leading’.
- 70% of Loughborough University research is carried out in collaboration with external partners (national average is 20%).
- The University has over 40 research centres and institutes and five interdisciplinary research schools.
- A top 20 university based on research funding from HEFCE (the Higher Education Funding Council for England) and the only one in this shortlist without a medical school.
- Four subject areas topped their tables in the 2012 National Student Survey: Accounting; Building Engineering; Information Services; Materials and Minerals Technology. Almost 60% of Loughborough’s subject areas were ranked in the top ten for overall satisfaction
- Extensive links with industry. More than 80% of undergraduate courses offer a year-long placement. Loughborough is also one of the top 15 universities targeted by large, graduate employers.
- 87% of Loughborough graduates from 2011 are in a job or undertaking further study, with 73% of these in ‘higher graduate’ occupations, compared with the national average of 63%.
Student facilities, including library and computing
- All hall rooms are wired for internet access, and most have wifi. Extensive wireless network coverage in both formal and informal study areas is available across the campus.
- The University library provides over 700,000 books and access to 20,000 e-journals. It has over 1,100 study places and 140 work stations. A £4.5-million refurbishment is due to take place over the summer of 2015 2016.
- The Disability Office provides support, advice and guidance to students with disabilities or medical conditions.
- Owned and managed by its own members.
- Successful student fundraising organization raised over £1,404,952 for charity in 2011–12.
- Offers a wide range of support services, over 100 clubs and societies and a programme of professional entertainment and social events.
- Awarded the International Experience Award 2011 by the National Union of Students (NUS).
- Loughborough University is the UK’s premier university for sport and its underpinning disciplines, with one of the best integrated sports development environment in the world.
- Loughborough University is home to the world’s largest university-based Sports Technology Research Group, which is part of the internationally acclaimed Sports Technology Institute.
- SportPark, based at the University provided a state-of-the-art home for national sporting bodies including Youth Sport Trust, British Swimming and several other national governing bodies.
- Home to the ECB National Cricket Academy and a national centre of excellence for swimming and athletics.
- Loughborough hosted Team GB prior to the London 2012 Olympic Games. More than 90 Loughborough-linked athletes competed at the games.
- Loughborough has dominated the BUCS championships for over thirty years.
Recent/prospective new builds
- A £15-million Sports Technology Institute has been created to develop cutting-edge technology and enhance research and enterprise in the sport and leisure sectors.
- SportPark, a £15 million bespoke central hub for some of the country’s leading sports bodies, was opened in 2010.
- The £21-millionLoughborough Design School, which provides state-of-the-art facilities for the various design disciplines at the University, opened in autumn 2011.
- Plans are underway for the development of a £10-million sport and exercise medicine centre on the Loughborough campus. The centre will be part of the country’s first-ever National Sport and Exercise Medicine Centre of Excellence.
Availability of part-time work
- The Students’ Union employment exchange has a range of part-time opportunities with local companies and organizations.
Official Website: www.lboro.ac.uk